- Tue, Sep 27th @ 3:15 PM: Marching Band Rehearsal
- Thu, Sep 29th @ 3:15 PM: Marching Band Rehearsal
- Fri, Sep 30th @ 5:45 PM: Home Football Game (youth night)
- Tue, Oct 4th @ 3:15 PM: Marching Band Rehearsal
- Thu, Oct 6th @ 3:15 PM: Marching Band Rehearsal
- Sat, Oct 8th: South Caldwell Spartan Southern Classic Competition
- Tue, Oct 11th @ 3:15 PM: Marching Band Rehearsal
- Thu, Oct 13th @ 3:15 PM: Marching Band Rehearsal
- Sat, Oct 15th: Freedom Classic Competition
- Tue, Oct 18th @ 3:15 PM: Marching Band Rehearsal
Jimmy C. Draughn High School is located in Valdese, NC, just west of Hickory on Interstate I-40. Student enrollment is close to 650 school-wide and our band program hosts 88. Combined with the choral department, the music programs at Draughn draw over 20% of the school population making the performing arts a highlight of this school.
Director of Bands
Make a donation to our band program! We are a 501c3 non-profit organization and your donation is tax deductible. Thank you in advance for your support of music in our schools!
Draughn High School Performing Ensembles
The Wildcat Marching Band is the most visible representation of the band program. You can see them perform during the fall semester at football games, marching band competitions, and at several surrounding community Christmas parades! The Marching Wildcats are known for their abundance of energy on and off the field!
Wind Ensemble & Symphonic Band
Concert band starts immediately following the end of the marching season in November. With two ensembles at Draughn High School, Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band, there is no shortage of good music to listen to. The Concert Bands at Draughn perform 4 concerts throughout the year and love making music come to life!
Percussion Ensemble is yearlong and focuses on the full realm of percussion studies. Chamber works for percussion ensemble are focused on after the marching season, as well as the percussion parts for the concert bands.